FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 217-239-1169
Classic Home Consignment
G e n t l y U s e d F u r n i t u r e a n d H o m e D e c o r
At CHC, we strive to provide gently used furniture and home decor at fair prices. In order to provide our customers the best selection of items, we cannot accept certain items. Classic Home Consignment reserves the right to reject any item.
Items that we accept:
Furniture including sofas (no sofa sleepers), chairs, accent tables, dinette sets, buffets, dressers, armoires, headboards, desks, and bookcases. Decor including pottery, vases, wall art and many other decorative items.
Items that are not accepted:
We do not accept sofa sleepers. Small electrical appliances, including alarm clocks, kitchen utensils and gadgets, limited bedding (some styles OK), draperies (including hardware), china or dinnerware sets (decorative plates are OK), some figurines, and some brass, copper, and silver items. We do not accept TVs, radios, speakers, or printers. We do not accept pianos.
We will not accept merchandise with:
Rips or tears, large spots or stains, smoke or pet odors, or fabric pilling.
Before you bring in your items:
ITEMS MUST BE CLEAN. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
- Upholstered items must be thoroughly vacuumed. Certain upholstered items must be from pet-free homes.
- Dresser drawers must be vacuumed and free of debris.
- Lamps must have lamp shades. Shades must be in good shape.
- Accent/throw rugs must be laundered. Persian or other high-end area rugs must be relatively free of stains. We will not accept rugs that have obvious signs of wear.
- Framed art should be free of dust and the glass should be clean.
Bringing in your items:
- If you have large items (sofas, dinette sets, dressers, desks, etc.), we need to see a photo beforehand. You can either bring in a print of the item(s) or email us at email@example.com with an attachment. We reserve the right to refuse any item upon arrival if it is in unacceptable condition.
- If you have small items (lamps, artwork, pottery, vases, etc.), you must call us at 217-239-1169 to make an appointment to bring items in. We do not view items without appointment. We limit items to 10 each visit.
- 50-50 split, items reduced by 10% off after 30 days, 20% after 45 days
- 60-day consignment period
- We price items with the consignor, with CHC having final say.
- Items must be picked up within five calendar days before or five calendar days after the expiration date or they become property of CHC.
- First-time consignors must have items that total $25 or more.
- We accept merchandise by appointment only.